Home – EN
Still some parts are only available in german language so far, but I am working hard on it. Please, excuse me.
Students Co-Authoring Learning Aids as a tutoring method
The challenge faced by many special-needs schools, and in particular schools practising inclusion, is how to enable students with different learning abilities (cognitive / physiological deficits) to work together on a particular topic in a way that enables them to achieve the same contentual learning result.
To this end, co-authoring by students as a teaching method focuses on the following goals:
– to compensate for individual weaknesses
– to enable a cooperative and self-regulated form of tuition
– to be output and expertise oriented
– to create multifaceted learning aids that are adapted to suit the students’ learning abilities
– to create iBooks which fits to the pupils needs
– to gain copyright-free images and videos
– to work offline with iPads to reduce the infrastructural costs
Co-authoring by students takes place whenever students create a product that may be, but not necessarily has to be, used as a teaching or learning aid. The product should possess a distinctive learning value for the authors and promote a dialogue as part of the feedback process.
At our school, we practise this method utilizing iPads and iMovie software (for writing, dictating, filming, cutting, and selecting photos).